Old 08-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Rick McGreal

Default Mombretia

Judy Rigby wrote in
:

Montbretia ? That they're now calling crocosmia for some reason ?

Erm...I have no idea....
Oh....Here is an image....
Except mine are a little redder than this
http://www.weedinfo.com.au/wd_crcro.html
This guy calls them a weed!

I just dig/pull mine out from wherever it comes up that I don't want it.

Thats what I have been doing....
I must be missing some runners or something!
Because they are starting to shoot form the place where they wer last
year...And also in a couple of new areas....

It is pretty invasive, but not that difficult to keep in check ...

The problem is that my next door neighbour has MASSES of them....but they
are all neatly pruned and kept up against the fence he shares with me.....
This is obviously where they are coming from...