Old 08-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Paul Kelly

Default Which Pressure washer?

"crom" wrote in message
news
Apologies if this is slightly off topic but I'm not sure where else to
turn.

We have a cobbled path in our garden which leads down to a patio made
from tiles from an old stone slate roof. Everything is covered in moss
and becomes treacherous when wet. I'm looking to get a pressure washer
to clean this off as well as do the car washing etc with it.

My problem is, I have no idea which 'power' to buy. You appear to be
able to get from 100 bar to 150 bar and they all say that they are
suitable for everything I want to do. So, is this just marketing or
could I really get away with the lower priced ones without shooting
myself in the foot in the future.

no, it's not just marketing. More power = shorter/easier job

one thing you should think about is how your path is pointed. Dry mix
pointing will be blown out by a pressure washer. Wet mix 'should stay in
place. If you are at all unsure, and can't borrow one from someone to test,
I'd be inclined to go to the lower end of the power range

pk