Old 08-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Judy Rigby

Default Mombretia

Rick McGreal writes

Montbretia ? That they're now calling crocosmia for some reason ?

Erm...I have no idea....
Oh....Here is an image....
Except mine are a little redder than this
http://www.weedinfo.com.au/wd_crcro.html

That's the chap. They grow from corms, and each corm produces *tiny*
little corms, each of which will grow & produce more corms ad infinitum

.... I'm very fond of them (in moderation) because they remind me of
Cardiganshire & they've been very useful for filling in spaces until I
can get something better to replace them.

This guy calls them a weed!

Sticks & stones can break their bones ... I've been called all sorts of
things in my time too, but I just get on with life regardless
--
Judy
http://members.lycos.co.uk/bluelotusrising/index.html