Old 08-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default Species Roses

In article dd2ff134947faa670aeffe20dcf2dcd8@TeraNews,
says...

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Rosa Soulieana (my favorite species at the
San Jose Heritage Rose Garden)

Yea verily. Mine covers 20 feet of fence and that's with being chopped
back every two or three years.

It is also unfortunately only hardy to Z6-7

Strange. I'm in zone 5 (Spokane WA) and mine has been thriving for about
12 years now. And we've had some pretty horrific winters here that have
killed some other roses (like Dortmund).

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic