Old 08-05-2003, 05:20 PM
R & L Porter

Default Canadian Rose Research Website

"Theo Asir" wrote in message
news:e77c06c7f8684c88375fd45173067ea7@TeraNews...
Just found this site that explains
Canadian rose research. Also has
pictures of some promising hardy lines.

Line 425.2-99 is particularly fascinating.
18" high they say.

Thanks, a very interesting site. It is nice to know that the
breeding of hardy roses still continues in spite of the
butchering of the Agriculture Canada breeding program.
I know that Bob Osbourne often tests roses in develop-
ment at his nursery near Moncton, N.B. east of here.
(Cornhill Nursery). I wonder if he is one of the testers.

Line 425.2-99 reminded me a bit of Sombreuil. Nice.
I also liked the distinctly burgundy coloured rose. Although
it's shape was muddled. Line 356.1-99 reminded me
a bit of the Austin rose Belle Story and Line 293-99
reminded a bit of Knock-Out with more petals. It is too
bad there were so many non-descript pink roses.
Over-all, though, an interesting site AND a worthwhile
endeavour to boot.

http://www.northernhybridroses.com/

I was visitor 107 so not many people
can have seen this site.

It was up to 137 at my visit. The word is spreading!

Laura