Old 08-05-2003, 06:56 PM
dave weil

Default Species Roses

You guys *knew* that I had to throw in my favorite (and only) species
rose, R. eglanteria (Sweet Briar).

Here's the link of my photo gallery again. You'll find pics starting
at number 47 - just use the drop down menu. 47 is the first bloom of
this season, on or about 4.21. It's still loaded with blooms, so I
figure that it's good for a good month of blooming from start to
finish. The last shot, number 52, shows it approximately the same time
in May last year (its second season). The size? About 3 1/2 feet by 7
ft.

Yes, it's a once bloomer and it's *very* thorny. Makes a great hedge.
As you can see, it's a fast grower as well...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/index.htm

I should say that I don't have all of my index pages up on the web
site. Therefore you can't just use the arrow to navigate. Just click
the first image and you'll get a drop down menu with each of the
images listed. Then you can go directly to the indicated images. Once
you're in an image, you *can* use the arrows.

Here are two shots from today.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil...riar5.8.03.jpg

This angle shows a width of 16 feet. Height is about 6 1/2 feet.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil...iar5.8.03a.jpg

This angle shows a width of 10 feet. As you can tell, it's sort of
oblong, with the wide side growing due east facing the sun directly.