Old 08-05-2003, 10:20 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Self seeding vegatables ??

No f1's are selected under very controlled conditions and any seed you get
from them in the open are probably going to be far different from the f1
hybrids

"Paul England" firstplatz @virgin.net wrote in message
:
: "The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
: message ...
: Yes you can certainly keep your own seed of these. Also broad beans and
: runner beans, parsley and probably many others that I've never tried to
: keep
:
:
: "eddy" wrote in message
: news : : is this a viable option ?
: : leeks ,peas, etc ?
:
:
: What about F1 seed, I've just planted out some veg in the allotment and I
: note that the cabbages (Cape Verdi & Excel) and the calabrese (Trixie) are
: all F1. I'm not sure of the science here, but if I let a couple run to
seed,
: will it be ok to use it ?
:
: Regards ......... Paul