Old 09-05-2003, 02:56 AM
J.D. Stone

Default Pea Green

I thought maybe I'd try it as an external. Was going to build one anyway so
I thought I'd try the gravel route. Cleaning would be a problem but I don't
have to clean my filters too often. Would be nice to try some water
hyacinths again but hard to get.
Any DFW ponders composting any? I'd be glad to come pick 'em up! (sigh)
probably too early.
email: jdstone AT itexas.net
JD
http://www.nrgy.com/pond.htm

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Hi JD... Sorry about the accident. Always sad...
I looked at the filter when I first got the mag. But
remembered the mess I had when I added lots and lots
of gravel to existing veggie filter. Didn't think I'd ever get
it cleaned. Maybe that was my problem ... Not supposed
to clean it? Also, I would like the use the room inside the pond
for the fish. So, I guess I had several problems with it.

Nedra

"J.D. Stone" wrote in message
I put a 150 gallon rubbermaid on mine, patterned after skippystuff

filter.
No pea green and no string algae (except in the filter). Water stays

clear.
However, it did clog the other day. Too many pecan "blossoms?" (stringy
beaded dammits) blocked the exit grid and it pumped down. Pump wasn't on

the
bottom but I have shelves and a "lot" of lilies. Some of the fish got
trapped on the shelves and died. I'd had them over six years. Time to

rework
the pond. Anybody tried the bog filter featured in this months "Water
Gardening"?
JD
http://www.nrgy.com/pond.htm

"Nobody you know" wrote in message
.. .
The Pea Green is driving me crazy G

My pond is 3 years old, and goes through this every year. I am using

"pond
blocks" but they are not working. I have a Tetra 2.5 gallon filter

(pond
is
about 650 gallons). I am working on convering a 50 gallon preform

into
bio-filter. Hope that will help. The pond get a medium amount of

light,
some parts of the pond are in the sun all day.

Plants are starting to come up, and I have a little hornswort and

anacranis
(sp) in the upper 100 gallon area.

Will try to get some pics up on my website soon.

Ideas, suggestions???

Thanks
Marc