Old 09-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Harold Olivier

Default Vegetables for acid reflux sufferers?

On 08 May 2003 11:02:08 -0500, Aaron Baugher
wrote in part:

I used to have terrible acid reflux, bad enough to wake me up at
nights. I completely eliminated it by eating a low-carb diet. It's
like flipping a switch -- a couple days of low-carb and the burning
was gone; a couple days of popcorn and ice cream and it's back.

As long as I keep my diet free of high-carb items like sugar, bread,
potatoes, and corn, I can eat all the vegetables I want, including
acidic ones like tomatoes and peppers. Vegetables taste better and
are more nutritious anyway.

My wife's, sisters', and a friend's experiences are exactly the same -
low carb results in no heartburn. Many other people following Adkins'
diet advice have made the same observation.

Harold