Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 AM
Mike Gilmore

Default Mombretia

Rick,
All you need to know about Monbretia, and Crocosmia in particular, is
readily available at www.theafricangarden.com is here.

I have the same problem as you but with bluebells. No matter how many I dig
up there are always a few that will pop up where they are not wanted. Just
perservere and invite friends round to dig them up for you as freebies for
their own garden.
--
Regards,
Mike Gilmore

"Rick McGreal" wrote in message
Judy Rigby wrote in
:

That's the chap. They grow from corms, and each corm produces *tiny*
little corms, each of which will grow & produce more corms ad infinitum

Wow.....When I pulled them up last year I must have missed quite a few as

have a whole stand of them.....

... I'm very fond of them (in moderation) because they remind me of
Cardiganshire & they've been very useful for filling in spaces until I
can get something better to replace them.

Oh....they are very pretty without doubt....
And make a nice contrast to a green garden

Sticks & stones can break their bones ... I've been called all sorts of
things in my time too, but I just get on with life regardless

B-)
I just thought it was funny that they were labeled as a weed.....