Old 09-05-2003, 08:20 AM
Ophelia

Default Wild Garlic

"Anthony E Anson" wrote in message
The message

But they don't migrate. Dig up the parent bulb and you get the bulbules
with it.

Only if you remove a large lump of topsoil, too. If you have ever
tried to get rid of bluebells, you will know how hard it is to do.

I transplanted all the bulbs from a bed last winter (Including some
bluebells) and the only ones which escaped my notice were a few
kinadoxae and some juvenile grape hyacinth. And it's not as if the soil
in my new plot is exactly friable - yet.

Ahaaaaaaaaa I will swap you montbretia for bluebells