Old 09-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Colin Davidson

Default Nasty mushroom thing

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

Not honey fungus, which actually is quite an attractive fungus.

Remember honey fungus is pretty common in our woodlands - I'm never sure
whether it warrants the amount of fear it generates. If it is *that*
devastating, how come we have *any* natural woodland left? Why hasn't it
all been destroyed by the honey fungus?

When honey fungus gets into a forestry plantation it can, over the course of
a few years, be quite devastating. It doesn't have the same affect in
woodlands normally because it's not equally good at attacking each tree, the
trees have evolved in parallel with it. But it doesn have an impact.