Old 09-05-2003, 08:56 AM
Katharine Mill

Default Lawn sowing

"Cupra" wrote in message ...

It could be that there were more seeds in the denser area - as long as
there is some grass in the other patches it 'should' fill out in time.

I cut mine at around 3" and it was fine - not sure about leaving the
cuttings in situ though. If you try to rake them out be very careful not
to pull up the grass, as the roots won't be very strong yet!

Yes, I'm sure it was due to irregular seed dispersal: hand sowing
followed by rain and pigeons re-arranging them a bit. Thanks for the
reassurance/advice. I'll try to be gentle with the rake :-)