Old 09-05-2003, 09:32 AM
Kostas Kavoussanakis

Default Plant Identification

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Ronald Hickey wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I've been reading various gardening groups and
Leylandi grow to enormous proportions by all accounts, should I take
these out? Or can they be trimmed to maintain their current height?

They can be maintained by trimming once, possibly twice a year. If you
search on Google you will find instructions on how to "stop" them at
the height you want so that the trunk does not show at the top and how
not to trim them too deep (because they don't come back).

You will also find a few suggestions of problems associated with them
and the cost of removing them.

After that, the decision is yours.

Kostas