Old 09-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Frogleg

Default Beginning gardening again- advice needed

williamd wrote:
For one thing I grew up back East where it was taken for granted that
every seed or plant of any sort needed a bit of fertilizer under it at
planting. 10-10-10, or something like that comes to mind. Manure compost
was also popular. I now live in northern Oklahoma where needs may be
quite different. Can anyone tell me whether I should use the supplement
or just drop 'em in the ground?

I don't know about putting fertilizer *under* plants. Compost and
manure are pretty good soil ammendments anywhere, I think. As someone
else posted, you local state university extension office may have some
hints as to common soil composition in your area.