Old 09-05-2003, 06:44 PM
R & L Porter

Default Species Roses

"Henry" wrote in message
. ..

I saw it a lot in England and decided then that I wanted one. While I
wouldn't call the flowers showy, they are quite pretty, if a bit
fleeting. The color of the leaves goes well with the greener greens in
a border. Some days it looks more red/purple than others. We've got
ours in the back of a border with blue, purple, and white flowering
perennials in front which I think looks nice.

Pictures from this morning here (along with the rugosas just starting to
bloom):

http://www.dotrose.com/whatsinbloom/

Thanks for the nice pics. How old is your rose? I am eager for
mine to grow.

Laura