Old 09-05-2003, 06:45 PM
BenignVanilla

Default thoughts on organic lettuce and tadpoles

"K30a" wrote in message

For years I've given advice on what to do with frog and toad
population explosions in the pond.
One of those bits of advice is to feed them lightly boiled
organic lettuce.

snip

I have a friend that worked for one of the largest organic farms in the US,
when he was in college. He said part of his weekly tasks was to drive the
perimeter of the farm with a 55 gallon drum of round up, in order to kill
anything "near" the farm that might harm the "organic" crops.

I bet you toads will do just fine with the non-organic lettuce. I don't
believe the organic to be much more then hype.

Flame away.

BV.