Old 09-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Anthony Anson

Default Plant Identification

The message
from Ronald Hickey contains these words:

Thanks for the reply, I've been reading various gardening groups and
Leylandi grow to enormous proportions by all accounts, should I take
these out? Or can they be trimmed to maintain their current height?

They can be trimmed like a hedge. On the estate here they planted an
avenue of Leylandii about twenty years ago to shelter and draw up the
intended avenue of oaks. They are just cutting down the Leylandii now,
and they are about 70 or 80 feet. I have seen them over 120 feet - so be
warned!

--
Tony

Visit my turntable workshop http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/