Old 09-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Anthony E Anson

Default Nasty mushroom thing

The message
from "Colin Davidson" contains these words:

I've never pickled them, but I might try that 'cos they don't dry very well.
Picked a batch of chicken of the woods fungus recently. Looks like cubes of
flesh in a jar, but tastes great.

I often dry mushrooms which don't rehydrate well. I grind them to a
coarse meal in a coffee grinder and add them to soups, stews, casseroles
etc.

Powdered dried honey fungus is marvellous for thickening a dish, but if
you're not careful can give it a slimy texture too.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi