Old 09-05-2003, 08:32 PM
C G

Default Landscape

wrote:

In article , blorefan wrote:
(blorefan) wrote in message . com...
"Baine Carruthers" wrote in message ...

Bain,

Here are the details I promised to share with this group,

Tree/Shrub Name Quantity Price Size
Thundercloud plum trees 2 $190 6 gallon
Chindo Viburnum 11 $198 3 gallon
Wax Myrtle 5 $90 3 gallon
Cleyara 3 $54 3 gallon
Viburnum Tinus 4 $72 2 gallon
Kleims Gardenia 8 $144 2 gallon
Amur Maple (tree) 1 $65 3 feet tall
Cleveland select pear 2 $210 6 gallon
Miscanthus Gracillimus(grass)5 $90 3 gallon
Crepe myrtle 1 $75 3 feet tall
Dolchica spirea 5 $90 3 gallon
Soil,mulch $900
Total for material $2178
Labor $1772
Total cost $3950

He did not remove existing grass to prepare the bed all he did was
cover it with dirty mulch.The grass has begun to sprout thru the mulch
already. I think for $1772 in labor I should atleast have 1 months

What kind of grass. Sounds like the mulch was not thick enough or the
grass is bermuda or zoysia and not fescue. If fescue came thru the
mulch then it was definitely too much. He probably should have tilled
or used roundup on any grass or weeds and even tilled before putting
down the mulch.

The area should have been treated to kill the grass several weeks before
planting. This could be done with roundup, black plastic, or other
methods. Tilling live grass will not effectively eliminate it. Once
the grass was dead, the area should have been tilled. Then the planting
and mulch.

Were the plant costs comparable to wholesale or retail.

They sound like retail to me.

Chuck