Old 09-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Anthony E Anson

Default Nasty mushroom thing

The message
from "Colin Davidson" contains these words:

Powdered dried honey fungus is marvellous for thickening a dish, but if
you're not careful can give it a slimy texture too.

A good idea. I might try it. Currently I'm using my experimental dried giant
puffball chunks in more or less that way, and they impart a tremendous
flavour to a dish.

I had a good haul of Scleroderma aurentium last year and while mildly
poisonous, used in moderation it gives the flavour of truffles to a
dish.

I've a batch of scleroderma-flavoured olive oil which is rather pleasant.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi