Old 09-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Sweetcorn under glass

Ian wrote in message ...
I'm trying to grow Sweetcorn under glass for the first time. In Scotland,
you're lucky to get a crop outside and thought it worth a try.

Does anyone have any experience / advice ?

If you grow the modern "supersweet" varieties which grow quickly and not too
tall you should be able to grow them in a sunny spot up there I would have
thought.
Marshalls Xtra Sweet Improved springs to mind.
Anyway, as they are wind pollinated you will have to provide the wind by
shaking the plants and blowing the pollen about the greenhouse. A fan might
help.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.