Old 10-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Chris Stewart

Default Sweetcorn under glass

"icathro" wrote in message
I'm trying to grow Sweetcorn under glass for the first time. In Scotland,
you're lucky to get a crop outside and thought it worth a try.

Does anyone have any experience / advice ?

Iain, Dundee, Scotland

Hi Ian,
I grew sweetcorn under glass in Aberdeen a few years ago when we had a
greenhouse. They were planted in a soil bed, watered - fed with tomorite
weekly - or when I remembered. You need to gently shake them when it comes
to spreading pollen, but it flies everywhere. I can't remember the variety,
but they tasted nice! Lot of work for a few cobs :-)
Chris S