Old 10-05-2003, 04:08 AM
jammer

Default LOOK What We Found in Our Pond this Morning!

On 10 May 2003 02:55:35 GMT, ospam (Moontanman)
wrote:

Nice looking turtle, not a good choice for a goldfish pond for sure. BTW your
turtle is not an alligator snapping turtle. Look alligator spapping turtle on
google to see what I mean. What you have is a common snapping turtle. Still
mean customer! Thank you for not killing it and for taking the time to release
it back into the wild. Beleive it or not an alligator snapper isn't as
agressive as a common snapper but the alligator snapper looks a lot meaner.

Spending years in rural Oklahoma, i know that these things are indeed
mean! The only other thing i know of that will not let go are the big
crabs off of the california coast. When i was a young person, i was at
the pier and was given a large crab to take home and eat. On the way
home i almost chickened out and took him back to the sea, but then he
got ahold of my thumb.......After i got my thumb back, i had no
trouble eating him.