Old 10-05-2003, 05:20 AM
M4RV1N

Default LOOK What We Found in Our Pond this Morning!

Critical Popperian
writes:

LOOK What We Found in Our Pond this Morning!

Seeing is believing!

http://www.popperian.com/pond/page15.htm

Thanks for sharing those, but as someone mentioned, that is no alligator
snapping turtle--it's a common snapper. This...

http://www.turtleman.com/turtle4.html

is an alligator snapper, and it could bite your common snapper, shell and all,
into pieces and eat the whole thing. They can weigh 200 pounds. But they are
a river turtle (now endangered) and won't show up in your pond. I own a couple
of these, and while it's true they're less aggressive than common snappers,
when they *do* bite they can remove a hand.

Very good thing the dog did not get nailed or it would have a scar for life.
You don't tug on superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, and you don't
get within range of the business end of a snapper! I too want to thank you for
releasing it into the wild, as everything has a role in the balance of nature.

Mark Ervin