Old 10-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Jim Webster

Default Cat & Dog Fur faring in the EU

"Michelle Fulton" wrote in message
om...

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message

Well, it does not come out very clearly from the quote you make above,
although the text does indicate the direction of stated concerns.

It was quoted that the US has banned the trade of dog and cat skins, but I
don't believe the trade of other animal skins has been banned. I

understand
your statement about dogs and cats having a *closer* relationship with
humans, but they are still just animals. If I have a pet rabbit, which

many
people do, I think it would be legal to kill it and sell it's skin/fur.

It
just doesn't make since to me.

no sense in it at all, it is the area of emotion and sense doesn't come into
it

Jim Webster