Old 10-05-2003, 07:44 AM
JimS.

Default Fertilizing

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:fc9bbe888b2a92c16943ce7ba93557c0@TeraNews...
We are having a discussion at Gardenweb in the Roses forum about
fertilizing.

Someone quoted Johnny Becnel (SP!) as saying most of us overferilize.
He apparently feeds a nine-month slow release and lets the roses rely
on mulch breakdown aside from that and a single application of
organics early in the season.

Thoughts?

Remember when you were little, and your Mom would always tell you, "leave
that alone, quit picking at it"? And did you ever leave it alone? Nope.
So, I don't know about anyone else, but I know that I sure can't stop
picking at my roses for 9 months at a time. Whether they NEED it or not is
a purely academic question, as far as I'm concerned.

JimS.
Seattle