Old 10-05-2003, 08:32 AM
gastropod

Default Steep bank how to plant help please

Are you able to get to the top of the bank, if so you can lower a mower on a
rope! works a treat. Otherwise it may be a case of weed control fabric and
vigorous climbers (Honeysuckle for example) to foliate it.
Neil
www.conceptgardens.com

"V6" wrote in message
I have a very steep and large bank area that I have spent a few weeks
burning and removing the roots of dense bramble.
Ideally I'd love to set grass, but there is no way I could mow or even

strim
regularly.

I couldn't weed regular tho so shrubs seem out too.

If I was to set wild flowers would I soon get over-run by weeds again?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. By the way the bank overlooks the
sea, so roses and conifers are out!

Thanks,
Jan