Old 10-05-2003, 01:20 PM
halrae

Default [IBC] Preparation Of New Tree's

Hiya Folks,

I am a back ground lurker :-) , only because I am new to Bonsai, and do not have a great deal to say only a lot to learn. Which I might add I read with great interest this newsgroup.

I have murdered my first tree a Pyracantha :-( by over watering it. By the time I got the tip from Jim about the popstick it was all to late.

I have a question , and that is , is it better (from what I seem to understand from topics here) to take a tree and leave it in a normal nursery pots, shape it and work with it for a number of years and then in due course place them in to Bonsai pots?

If this is so, could you please explain to me why you can not take a seedling or a cutting that has been propagated and place immediately into a Bonsai pot once they have taken and are showing new growth?

Thanks in anticipation

Halrae

Western Australia

---