Old 10-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Shiva

Default Fertilizing

JimS. wrote:

Someone quoted Johnny Becnel (SP!) as saying most of us overferilize.
He apparently feeds a nine-month slow release and lets the roses rely
on mulch breakdown aside from that and a single application of
organics early in the season.

Thoughts?

Remember when you were little, and your Mom would always tell you, "leave
that alone, quit picking at it"? And did you ever leave it alone? Nope.
So, I don't know about anyone else, but I know that I sure can't stop
picking at my roses for 9 months at a time. Whether they NEED it or not

is
a purely academic question, as far as I'm concerned.

Hee! Great Answer. But if JB is right, those of us who are having trouble
doing more than tossing Osmocote at them in passing and watering can feel
better.

JimS.
Seattle