Old 10-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Larry

Default Poison Oak?

Rub some of it on your arm or leg and in a while you will not care if it is
Oak or Ivy - the stuff is lethal to me. Each time I get in contact with it
I wear a reminder for at least 3 weeks. On John Dromgule's site is a recipe
using vinegar and orange oil that kills it.
http://www.naturalgardeneraustin.com

"Wayne Dyer" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 May 2003 13:32:07 +0000, animaux wrote:

Even better, the poster said his "poison oak" was in a place he cannot
get to, so why do anything?

On Sat, 10 May 2003 01:49:28 -0500, G a e X a v i er
wrote:

My research a year back for a consumer health company indicated that
poison oak does not grow anywhere near Austin. I used to have a map of
where it is found in the US but I've misplaced it.

If you are local, it is poison ivy and the only thing I have found to be
effective is Brush-B-Gone and it is dangerous stuff so you have to read
the label and be very careful where you spray it.

Well, I can get to the top of the plant and to some of the things poking
through the fence. I might be able to hike around to the other side, but
I'd technically be trespassing to get there. I doubt anyone would care
much.

One of the reasons I posted was that the additional strangeness is that it
*looks* like poison oak, but I too was under the impression that poison
oak didn't grow around here. It just doesn't look like poison ivy, but
it's got berries.

I'm going to see if I can get to the other side and have a better look
today.

-W-