Old 10-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Horrors!

On Sat, 10 May 2003 09:45:52 -0700, "
wrote:

Or try the second hand store for some old sheer curtains dirt cheap.

Excellent idea!

I bought some nylon netting at Wal-Mart last week - it's 60
inches wide and cost $0.57/yard. That's pretty cheap also.

I like it better than the row cover (I've decided) because I
can see through it: does the plant need watering or
weeding, etc.?

Someone suggested nylon netting for this purpose, I can't
remember if it was here on this newsgroup or on a mailing
list. But it's an excellent idea, too.

It's such a joy to have beautiful brassicas with NO INSECT
DAMAGE. I picked a bok choy yesterday: it's
picture-perfect, looks just like a picture in a seed
catalog.

Wow! This is really nice. It's well worth the trouble of
making a chicken wire cylinder (or whatever) and covering
the plant. I use clothespins to hold the nylon net (or row
cover) to the chicken wire.

Pat