Old 10-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Mike

Default Steep bank how to plant help please

In article , Mark
writes

Err No, I also have to use this method on a bank but use an elec-hover.
I cable tie the dead man's handle switch On.

I shuddered when I read this bit :-((

the mains lead is cable tie to the rope,

and I could understand this bit :-{

and a helper stands by the
ELCB switch.

:-))) Yes I go along with this as long as they are very quick and don't
'drift away' for a while ;-)

IMHO this is even safer than with a petrol mower which would be
difficult to stop in an emergency.

And I do agree with you here, although my banks were so steep and uneven
that I could stop the Flymo quite easily, (in fact tooooooooooo easily
time and time again) by diverting it quickly to a roughish patch and
stalling it :-(

I must have thrown out the leaflets on the petrol hovers I had, but I do
know that there was a picture in the leaflet telling you, and showing
you how to mow a steep slope with the rope technique, that is why I knew
Sacha didn't know what she was talking about. Makes me wonder what other
sorts of 'advice' she give customers/clients in the nursery she so
freely advertises :-{{

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more