Old 10-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Wild Garlic

The message
from Anthony E Anson contains these words:

The message
from "Colin Davidson" contains these words:

Yes, though certain mainly ignorant but influential voices are trying to
get legislation enacted that will effectively prevent anyone from
picking fungi.

Really?

'Fraid so. I've got a news cutting stashed awai in a heap somewhere or
other.

Isn't that also because commercially minded pickers have been
stripping "wild" colonies? I know a woodland area within reach of
Glasgow which was regularly targetted by a vanload of pickers who were
supplying upmarket restaurants; without the land owner's consent.

Janet