Old 11-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Susiemw

Default The ivy is GONE. Thanks for your help

Hi folks-

Thanks to everyone who responded with helpful comments to my post a
couple weeks ago about removing an ivy infestation in my front yard.

Marc,

You have my empathy and my congratulations!! I know exactly what you have gone
through.

My home's previous owner brought some ivy back from Princeton University
(perhaps 50 years ago). It is ivy she was very proud of and she loved it. It
has taken over the back yard and part of the front yard. The ivy has been left
unchecked for at least 5 years.

I've pulled up several large sections of ivy but still have a HUGE section to
do.

I'm going to go into the archives and read your previous post and the replies
to see what the suggestions were. My hands hurt so bad after pulling this stuff
out. Luckily, I have found the "motherload" of ivy. The roots were as big as
my wrist. I'm sure I'll be struggling with that patch for a while.
I"m just happy to see it leaving!

Susan