Old 11-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Frogleg

Default Help! What is this stuff?

On Sat, 10 May 2003 17:43:40 GMT, (Dan) wrote:

On 10 May 2003 10:24:50 -0700,
(Denny) wrote:

... and more importantly, how do I get rid of it?

A couple of years ago it appeared in my garden, then spread to the
grass where it is starting to take over the entire lawn.

home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/badweed.jpg

It looks like yarrow (a type of herb). It smells best when grown in
poor soils, has almost a thyme-like smell, as if it would be good in
meat dishes. The plants are also commonly grown for their wide array
of colorful flowers.

http://www.cloudnet.com/~djeans/FlwPlant/Yarrow.htm

If it *is* yarrow, you might consider a home business selling yarrow
stalks for I Ching. I maintain that once a weed knows you find it
edible or useful, it will die out completely.