Old 11-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Can you grow Bourganvilla outside in the uk??

In article ,
Pete The Gardener wrote:
On Wed, 7 May 2003 15:51:40 +0100, "s guy" wrote:

Can you grow Bougainvillea outside in the uk??
If so which varities and what sort of conditions do they need

I saw one in an open fronted glass porch in Bexley when I was judging
London in Bloom last year. The owners said they'd had it there for
about 8 years without many problems. The porch faced south and was
quite well protected.

Interesting. That 8 years corresponds to the current warm spell,
so it sounds worth trying until and unless we go back to the more
'traditional' winters. But that corresponds pretty closely to a cold
conservatory.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.