Old 11-05-2003, 03:32 PM
N. Woolley

Default Poison Oak?

Poison ivy (& oak) does have berries. ALL parts of the plant have the
awful irritating oils, even stems roots and berries. Poison ivy is
pretty in the fall, if it just weren't so dern nasty.

I've asked a botanist at the Wildflower Center about the poison ivy or
poison oak question and neither of us could figure out which was which
or if both grow here or if it even matters. Poison ivy was Rhus
toxicodendron and then was changed to Toxicodendron radicans and as far
as I know, poison oak botanically is included under that name. It all
makes me itch!

-Nancy