Old 11-05-2003, 04:45 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Fig Tree - C'mon, people - help!

What a sickly looking fig. Well here's my say for what it's worth. Have you
got drainage in the pot? The compost looks a bit feeble, perhaps some soil
in place of compost. Have you got a dud variety? Sorry that's all I casn
think of. Ours grows in a raised brick surrounded bed against a stone wall
and is covered in fruit. Perhaps you should start with another plant

dunkan wrote:
: Several days ago, I posted:
:
:: With mucho thanks to Rick McGreal, five photographs of my
:: fig-in-a-pot are now on line at http://tycoonheaven.mynock.com/fig/
::
:: I'd greatly appreciate you experts casting a professional eye over
:: them, and letting me know what I should be doing to make it a
:: happier fig tree!
::
:: (The shrubbery is a bedding plant I added to the pot on Wednesday,
:: following advice here; it's not a fixture, so if it'd be sensible to
:: move it...?)
::
:: All help and advice very much appreciated!
::
:: - duncan
::
:: (And thanks again, Rick)
:
: And since then I've been patiently checking the group every few
: minutes, anxious to learn what should be done to help my tree... but
: not a single response!
:
: Help really WOULD be appreciated...
: