Old 11-05-2003, 04:46 PM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Crop rotation advice please

If you follow brassicas with root crops you shouldn't add manure for that
crop but it's all a bit technical that. People may laugh but you just have
to do what you can get away with a lot of the time as there is not always
the space, I find, for a proper rotation

John Towill wrote:
: All the gardening books that I have read recommend a three year crop
: rotation, Roots, Brassicas, Others in that order.
: For Others it recommends digging in manure at dig time ( I assume
: Autumn), the problem is that many of the Brassicas, which they follow
: are still in the ground until, well my cauliflowers are still there.
: So how can you dig in manure for the Others, surely it is too late?
: Must be an answer, I look forward to it and TIA.
: John T