Old 11-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Anthony E Anson

Default Plant Identification

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

The first look like lilies and the second, dwarf conifers.
With regard to your leylandii, you'll find that when you get rid of them,
you have more garden than you thought you had! Their spread is as awesome
as their height *and* nothing grows beneath them. I cut down a row of these
and gained about 6' of garden width.

The Leyland cypress hedge between me and next door takes about eighteen
inches of ground, and rises to the majestic height of seven feet.

I have just rerouted a clematis into it, and I intend planting two
wisterias each about a third the length from the end.

It grows out of the conifer most spectacularly, and the boring thug is
persuaded into something quite interesting and protective.

Oh, and as for nothing growing beneath them, I have two things - nay,
three. Brambles, goosegrass, and more usefully, Agaracus augustus.

I shall be keeping the area moist this summer/autumn!

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi