Old 11-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Françoise

Default What's clipping tops off my tulips?

Last year I saw a squirrel cut the top of one of my columbines (3 - 4 inc=
hes high).
When I rushed out to scare it off, it dropped the stem down. The columbin=
e died.

It may be a rabbit also.

Fran=E7oise.

Audrey Copperwheat wrote:

Squirrels are abundant... I didn't think they'd be doing it for two
reasons:

1. they usually dig and eat the bulb if they can
2. I figured they were too heavy to get up and snip off the bud=

without
doing more damage.

I would never have imagined the reason they were doing it, but now that=

you say it, it makes perfect sense! Thanks for the info!

Audrey.

dommy wrote:

hey, could possibly be a squirrel, do you have any visiting your
garden?

The little buggers are very curiuos and if they think it has seed in =

it
they will tear it apart.

If you dont have squirrels in the garden then im not sure.
--
dommy