Old 11-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Cybe R. Wizard

Default microscope opinions appreciated

On Sun, 11 May 2003 16:59:35 -0500, John Rutz wrote:

sandra wrote:
Im looking into buying a microscope for parasite ID among other
things. Do any of you have opinions on a good brand that will allow
for 100-400 magnifications. I've seen some online for under $100
that magnify to 10x-40x. I haven't been able to figure out if that
means 100-400? I have a jewelry loupe that I use for examination of
some of the more obvious pests but some of my fish kept off site
from my pond have a condition that I need to investigate further
with a microscope. Thanks in advance. sandra

-- Sandra

Believe it or not try toys r us, I was shoppin for my granddkids
and saw some real nice ones up to 400 there

John Rutz

I once bought one of those from Toys-R-Us for Elder Daughter. It
worked (and still works after ten years) fine, but be aware that it
has plastic optics so if there is a problem with it you may as well
throw it away.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.