Old 11-05-2003, 11:45 PM
olrac

Default Help with pre weeding new lawn

sounds like your soil is crap!

olrac

"Niel A. Farrow" wrote in message
Hi, I've spent many weeks preparing my lawn for reseeding. For the last 3
weeks I've left it to settle. I've treated it 3 times with glycophosphate
based weed killers but today I tackled the patches of couch grass which
have been undisturbed by the weedkiller. When I forked these patches
there was a dense mass of white roots, and these roots also extend to

areas
of the garden where the couch grass doesn't look to be (on the surface).

The garden is 30' x 70' and I'd like to avoid taking the roots out by
hand (my backs almost recovered from the prepping) and disturbing the
settled soil, so:

1. is there a weed killer for couch grass - I've Googled but not found
any specific brands etc.

2. am I being too particular - the grass is quite dense but only in
largish patches. not the whole lawn.

3. any other prepping advice.

Thank you,

Neil