Old 12-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Elizabeth

Default Sparrows in my garden :)

"Charlie" wrote in message

I only put bread out and we really do have tens of birds nesting in our
house and garden. I have little problem with slugs or snails and aphids

and
other bugs go as soon as they arrive! We also have an adorable baby

pigeon
who loves to chase my dog (huge Labrador retriever!) who was born in a

tree
near by. The baby pigeon is fearless he comes right up to me and will
occasionally eat from my hand, I hope he stays in the garden!

That must be extremely funny to watch!

We have two very large visiting wood pigeons that the cats get quite excited
by (but are slightly afraid of). We also get both types of sparrow, blue
tits, great tits, long-tailed tits, coal tits, a pair of robins, a lovely
blackbird pair, some greenfinches, a few dunnock (which are so sweet), the
odd blackcap and chaffinch (though have only seen him once or twice). Oh and
loads of starlings - some have nested in our roof and the babies make a
great racket (espcially when we shut doors and make other noises in the
house)!

I wasn't particularly into birds until we moved from London to Herts, but
have such a profusion in the garden I signed up to the BTO and am trying to
learn all the different kinds. My fiance was most amused at my excited
announcements of lovely tits in the garden...I think he thought our
neighbour was sunbathing topless again.

Elizabeth