Old 12-05-2003, 01:09 AM
Nedra

Default Koi Flashing, Jumping

In addition to water quality I would go ahead and add salt
to 0.2%....First test your pond without the salt to see how much
is there. I wouldn't even try to catch my koi... it would
stress them too much... then hauling them to the vet.. nope
wouldn't even attempt that. For those that are comfortable
in doing the catching and hauling it's a fine idea. Just wouldn't
work for me.

Nedra

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Take one of your fish to a local Koi store to have them check for you.

Did you check your water parameters? It may not be parasites? I was told
Koi will also jump and flash when the water parameters are off.

Easier and cheaper to do water change and deal with water quality

problems
than with ick, fluke, etc.

--
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"MC" wrote in message
om...
I know this is a sign of parasites. How do you treat? I read sites
that tell you you need ot do a gill scrape, look at it under a
microscope to determine the type, etc before treating. Let's get real,
I don't have a microscope and can't visibly see anything on the fish.
What should I do?