Old 12-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Vox Humana

Default Bamboo in Southern Indiana?

"Jai" wrote in message
m...

I would avoid phyllostachys aureosulcata (yellow-groove bamboo). It has
proved to be utterly rampageous, stopping at nothing and spreading unlike
anything I've ever seen in the plant kingdom. I spent many, many hours

last
fall, with axe and mattock, trying to dig the worst of the runners out of
the lawn. The back yard looked like giant, rabid, mutant gophers had been
chewing through it when I was done, and it's still springing up this year.
I've actually had nightmares in which it takes over the neighborhood and

I'm
cited by the EPA for unleashing an environmental hazard.

Did you install a root barrier when you panted it. If not, why?