Old 12-05-2003, 02:33 AM
MattO

Default microscope opinions appreciated

Digital Blue kids microscope is called the "Intel play QX3 microscope".
Has decent optics, built-in lightsources, AGC and NR filter built into
viewer software - an incredible value really.
They were made by Intel - discontinued - but can still be had.
Google "Intel play QX3 microscope" reveals sites like:
http://www.intel.com/intelplay/
http://www.compuvisor.com/digbluqx3usb.html
HTH
~ MattO

"Bob Alston" wrote in message
.. .
I have a Digital Blue kids microscope. Connects to your PC. ONly 3
magnifications - 10x, 60x and 200X. Works well. About $50

--
Bob Alston

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/
"flyline" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
May I suggest that you look in to the computer based microscope from, I
believe, either Microsoft or Logitech. Have plenty of power and you can
zoom on-screen. Much better than the old types.

"sandra" wrote in message
Im looking into buying a microscope for parasite ID among other

things.
Do
any of you have opinions on a good brand that will allow for 100-400
magnifications. I've seen some online for under $100 that magnify to
10x-40x. I haven't been able to figure out if that means 100-400? I

have
jewelry loupe that I use for examination of some of the more obvious

pests
but some of my fish kept off site from my pond have a condition that I

need
to investigate further with a microscope.
Thanks in advance.
sandra