Old 12-05-2003, 08:33 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Hard pruning Ceanothus

I just saw it off to size and it never comes to any harm ................
but don't blame me!

Barry Watts wrote:
: I have a large and beautiful Ceanothus which I believe to be Ceanothus
: thyrsiflora, Blue Blossom. It is about 6' tall x 10' wide. It's
: huge! Its also lovely this time of year - you can hardly see the
: greenery for its intense blue flowers. Trouble is, it is slowly
: pushing down a fence and covering a path. I'd like to take it right
: back and promote some new, smaller and easily controlled growth.
:
: Any tips on hard-pruning a mature but healthy Ceanothus?
:
:
: Thanks
: Baz