Old 12-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Jason Quick

Default Brill Review

"AuralFeast" wrote in message
I purchased a Brill Luxus 38 push reel mower a few weeks ago, and here's

my
observations for anyone who might be interested in retiring their

gas-powered
mower.

Scotts (the fertilizer people) are apparently making a reel mower these
days, one which can actually cut grass to a height of 3", as well as a swath
width of 20", which puts it right in there with gas-powered mowers.

The traditionally-low heights and narrower widths have been one major reason
I've avoided buying a reel mower. The other reason is that my lawn is
pretty large - about 10,000SF. Oh well...time to plant more perennials.
: )

A relevant link:

http://www.reelmowerguide.com/scotts...eel_mower.html

Jason